Once of the most important ways we support our missionaries in Partnership Development is by providing a safe and effective way for donors to get their gift to the missionary. Online giving increases the reliability and consistency of funding for their mission work, and consistent monthly partnership enables our missionary affiliates to give ourselves more fully to their vision and mission.
• You can set up a giving account and manage your donations for one or multiple affiliates.
• Setting up an account will allow you to manage your giving, update your credit card expiration, and view your online giving report. Gifts may be made electronically through your checking, savings account, or credit card. Remember all credit cards are subject to a credit card fee, so giving from your checking or savings account allows your entire gift to be used for ministry.
• Be sure to record and store your username and password for future donating.
FAQ about our online giving tool
1. Is it safe to give online?
Yes. The security of the system is continually managed by eGiving.com’s Stewardship Technology processor. In many ways online giving is safer than writing a check because an electronic gift cannot be lost or stolen.
2. Will I be charged a fee if I use online giving?
No. You will not pay any fees with your online gift. Hands That Touch absorbs all processing fees.
3. Does it matter if I select electronic check or debit card as my method of payment?
Yes. Electronic checks benefit the ministry more than debit cards. We are grateful for and welcome all gifts, whether given by electronic check or debit card. For debit card or credit card transactions, the card processing company charges a percentage of each gift you make which gets passed on to the mission affiliate.
4. Can I use a credit card?
We do accept Visa or Mastercard - but ask that you don't go into debt in order to make a donation to our missionaries. Debit card or credit card transactions incur a percentage fee on each gift that is made, so if at all possible we prefer donations to be made from your checking or savings account.
5. From what types of bank accounts can you give?
You may give from any checking or savings account.
6. Can I make one-at-a-time contributions? And can I control when they come out of my account?
Yes. And you can designate your gifts to come out of your account immediately or schedule them to come out on the date(s) you specify.
7. Can I set up automatic recurring gifts? How do I do it, and how frequent can they be?
Yes. Simply create a personal donor account, log in using your username and password, and schedule your gift by clicking "New Donation" under the "Gifts" tab. You will be given the option to designate your recurring gifts to be made weekly, biweekly, monthly, or on the 1st & 15th of each month.
8. Once I have set up my donor account, can I change my personal information, or the amount or frequency of my gifts?
Yes. You can change or cancel your gift at any time before the date the contribution is scheduled to be paid. You can also change the bank you use or any other information in your personal profile. Simply log in to your personal account using your username and password and make the necessary changes.
9. Can I review individual donations and my giving history online?
Yes. After you set up your account, simply log in to view a complete history of your online contributions.
10. Will I receive regular contribution statements from Hands That Touch?
Yes. HTT will continue to send year-end contribution statements to your address on file for tax purposes.
11. When will contributions be taken out of my account?
Debit card transactions are initiated immediately and will appear on your account within four business days. Electronic check transactions will come out of your bank account within four business days. If the date of your gift falls on a weekend or holiday, the transaction will be initiated the next business day.
12. Can I designate my gift for a particular project or cause?
Yes. You may designate your gift if other than for mission support by indicating your designation in the "notes" section.
13. How will I know if I set up my gift correctly?
Immediately after submitting your contribution, you will receive an e-mail verifying your gift.
14. Can I use any web browser?
Yes. Any browser will work.
15. What should I do if I receive an email stating that my contribution did not go through?
When transactions don’t go through, it is usually because of a typo. Double check your routing and account numbers or credit card number and try again.
16. Who can I talk to if I have more questions?
We are glad to answer any questions that you might have. You may contact us through our website via email. That will ensure a quick response.